Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Skinny Tuesday

Ahh...A day I like the sound of ; ) A week has passed since "Fat Tuesday" and thus traditionally the period of self-denial and sacrifice has been in place. Belts have been tightened and the preparation for the Holy Season has begun. Lent is all about focus and commitment and of course sacrifice. With that, these questions are brought forth... where do your priorities lie? Where do you put your time and energy? Who is number one in your life?

For me, it is easy to get my priorities out of whack. It is so easy to place my family before God, I mean- who doesn't want to be a good wife and mother? My family is my life... and I want to do all that I can for them. It is so easy to get wrapped up in daily activities that I push God out and tell Him, "We'll talk...when I have time" I so often loose sight that it is He who has given me all that I have.

I pray that during this Lenten season and beyond, I can once again arrange my priorities to give Him the respect and honor He deserves. I am tired of hearing people make excuses (and making them myself). If I am devoted, I need to give it my all. According to Merriam Webster,
devotion means:

Main Entry: de·vo·tion
Pronunciation: di-'vO-sh&n, dE-
Function: noun
1 a : religious fervor : PIETY b : an act of prayer or private worship -- usually used in plural c :
2 a : the act of
a religious exercise or practice other than the regular corporate worship of a congregationdevoting <devotion of time and energy>
b : the fact or state of being ardently dedicated and loyal devotion to the cause> devotion>
3 obsolete : the object of one's devotion.


Notice in definition B... "The fact or state of being ardently dedicated and loyal" Can I look at my life and say that definition is representative of who I am? Can you?
I don't just want to go through the motions but instead want His love to infest every part of my being and my devotion to be just that... devoted.

No comments: