Monday, February 26, 2007

Will your faith hold up?

It was quite interesting when I read today's reading...it was a continuation from yesterday. The thing was...today's reading was actually what I blogged about yesterday. I guess I wasn't supposed to take the "kindness" aspect of the cat yesterday, but instead look at the sinister side...and then today focus on well...everything that I wrote about yesterday :)

So... today I shall look at the sinister side of the cat...the dark, black cat that many people seem to fear. Many people associate a black cat with evil and even with the devil. In Jesus' day, he too faced evil as he was tempted by the devil, and thus the reason this day of Lent is also symbolized by a cat.

Just as Jesus was tempted in the dessert, we too are tempted daily by the dark forces in our world. Maybe the temptations in your life are small, maybe they are big...but it all boils down to one thing... temptations draw us from our faith in Christ. While we are all faced with temptation, each of us handle them differently. It is here where the strength of our faith is tested. Are we going to allow ourselves to be eaten or are we going to stand strong and turn it over to Him?

I, like everyone have of course faced temptation. I too have been eaten up with the desires temptation have brought... and have handled them in all sorts of ways. It can be so easy to take our eye of our Heavenly prize when the earthly prize shines so brightly. Though my faith has definitely had some bricks knocked out of it here and there and wobbled off and on, I can thankfully say that through HIS strength, I have always came back, and He has always welcomed me with open arms.

The question is not, "will I face temptation?" it is instead, "Where is it that I will turn when those temptations come?" May you always turn back to His love and continue on your honeymoon with Him.

No comments: