Thursday, March 1, 2007

1 John 1: telling the story

1-2From the very first day, we were there, taking it all in—we heard it with our own ears, saw it with our own eyes, verified it with our own hands. The Word of Life appeared right before our eyes; we saw it happen! And now we're telling you in most sober prose that what we witnessed was, incredibly, this: The infinite Life of God himself took shape before us.

3-4We saw it, we heard it, and now we're telling you so you can experience it along with us, this experience of communion with the Father and his Son, Jesus Christ. Our motive for writing is simply this: We want you to enjoy this, too. Your joy will double our joy!

the first 4 verses of 1 John are beautiful. John is so excited to share with others his experiences and encounters with Christ.


What STORY or STORIES do we have to tell?




may God allow others to come to Him through our stories.



[STORY]

1 comment:

Tamara said...

"John is so excited to share with others his experiences and encounters with Christ."
I wish my family would be more willing to listen. Right now, I'm working on sharing this through my actions ( since they are rejecting my words) How through my experiences, encounters and relationship with Him I'm constantly striving to please Him and be more like Him everyday. That's one of my major goals this lenten season.